Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) is one of four schools at Jönköping University. We offer an international and team-oriented workplace with competitive education programmes, across Bachelor, Master and Doctoral levels, as well as a thriving research environment and many opportunities for personal development. Our mission is to advance the theory and practice of business, with specific focus on entrepreneurship, ownership and renewal. Our guiding principles are; international at heart, entrepreneurial in mind and responsible in action. JIBS is double-accredited, by EQUIS and AACSB. Recent assessments of research productivity and impact ranks JIBS first in Sweden in economics and business administration and first in Europe and second in the world in entrepreneurship.
To further strengthen our position in entrepreneurship and regional science research, we are looking for a Post-Doctoral Researcher to our Centre for Entrepreneurship and Spatial Economics (CEnSE). The position is for two years full time with a possible extension.
CEnSE is a multi-disciplinary research center that performs applied research relating to issues of entrepreneurship and business renewal, regional development and growth, and the interrelation between urban and rural areas. A substantial part of CEnSE research addresses policy relevant problems, for example how accessibility affects regional growth and the way entrepreneurial and innovative processes in business and society are dependent on knowledge and creativity. For more information please visit http://center.hj.se/cense.
WORKING TASKS / QUALIFICATIONS
The position requires a PhD degree in a relevant discipline, for example, economics, economic geography or business administration.
As a Post-Doctoral Researcher, we offer you full-time employment. Most of your time will be devoted to conduct research and take an active role in the continued development of CEnSE (80%). The remaining time is allocated for teaching (20%).
We seek candidates who have a strong wish to conduct high-quality academic scholarship on regional science and/or entrepreneurship. Since the main language of research and teaching at JIBS is English, you must be fluent in both written and spoken English to be an eligible candidate. Skills in other languages, including Swedish, are an advantage but not a requirement.
In making the selection, importance will be given to the applicants’ qualifications in the following areas:
For full eligibility requirements for Post Docs see Appointment Procedure at Jönköping University.
Employment starts as soon as possible, to be agreed upon. The positions are full time (100%) and temporary for two years.
Your PhD degree should not be older than 5 years at the date you application is sent in.
For more information about the position, please contact Professor Johan Klaesson email@example.com (Director of CEnSE) or Associate Professor Mikaela Backman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must include:
Send in your application electronically before November 9, 2019.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Jönköping University is a modern institution, characterized by internationalization and an entrepreneurial spirit. We attract highly qualified, inventive and enterprising people from all around the world. We develop new knowledge and share our expertise through solid collaborations with industry and business, the public sector and other higher education institutions. We offer an equal and inclusive workplace and we welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds. For more information, visit www.ju.se
Type of employment Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type Full time
First day of employment Starts as soon as possible, to be agreed upon
Number of positions 1
Working hours 100%
County Jönköpings län
Reference number 2019/3930-221
Last application date 09.Nov.2019 11:59 PM CETContinue reading
|Title||Post-Doctoral Researchers in regional economics and/or entrepreneurship|
|Employer||Jönköping International Business School|
|Job location||Gjuterigatan 5, Jönköping|
|Published||October 9, 2019|
|Application deadline||November 8, 2019|
|Job types||Postdoc  |
|Fields||Business Administration,   Economic Geography,   Entrepreneurship,   Business Economics  |