We hereby announce that one post-doctoral stipend is available at the Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg.
Meiosis is a specialized form of cell division for producing haploid germ cells. Errors in meiosis lead to chromosomal aneuploidy, the leading cause of miscarriage. The critical event during meiosis is the recombination of homologous chromosomes, which occurs during meiotic prophase I.
The postdoctoral fellow will study the chromosome dynamics in mammalian meiosis using the combination of cell biological and biochemical approaches using mouse as a model system. Analysis will include CRISPR/Cas9, Cre-loxP, Immunohistochemistry, Immunoprecipitation, RNAseq and biochemistry.
Dnr GU 2020/180
Scholarship period: The scholarship covers a period of 4 months with possibility of prolongation up to a maximum of 24 months in total.
Preliminary start date: 2020-04-01 (can be negotiated)
For questions and additional information, please contact Assistant Prof Hiroki Shibuya: firstname.lastname@example.org, 0700060779.
* To be eligible for a post-doc scholarship at the recipient must hold a PhD degree within a relevant field. The applicant must not have been employed at University of Gothenburg in the past two years.
* Please specify experiences, knowledge or interests necessary for taking part as a postdoc in this project. Remember that a scholarship is not an employment and the qualifications necessary might differ from what you could ask for from an employee.
Written application, including reference number, is to be sent via e-mail to the supervisor and must include the following:
* Personal letter stating the reasons why the study suits the applicant (maximum one page)
* List of publications
* References (2)
Application deadline: 29th February 2020
Information regarding scholarships:
* Scholarships do not give rise to sickness benefits, compensation from the Social Insurance Office or retirement pension.
* The scholarship sum is paid out quarterly
* Scholarships are tax-exempt
* A scholarship holder cannot be hired after the scholarship period due to tax reasons.
|Title||Postdoctoral scholarship: Mammalian meiosis|
|Employer||University of Gothenburg|
|Job location||Vasagatan 33, 411 37 Göteborg|
|Published||January 21, 2020|
|Application deadline||February 29, 2020|
|Job types||Postdoc  |
|Fields||Biochemistry,   Cell Biology,   Histology,   Immunochemistry  |