Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC)
Mission, vision and values
The UOC is an innovative university that is rooted in Catalonia and open to the world. It offers people lifelong learning to help them and society advance, while carrying out research into the knowledge society.
Its educational model is based on personalization and accompanying students using e-learning.
The UOC wants to be a university that, by being connected to the network of the world’s universities, drives the creation of a global knowledge space and cutting-edge research in the knowledge society.
The UOC has an innovative educational model that focuses on the student. The University offers them a top quality and personalized education that helps them to be more competitive and contributes to the progress of society.
The five values that guide the UOC’s activities are:
- Commitment to students, graduates and society; to service quality, and to constant innovation within the organization.
- Respect for people, ideas, cultures and the world.
- Transparency in information, data and processes.
- Professionalism, to empower the people who form part of the organization, to recognize our successes and to learn from our mistakes.
- Sustainability, whether economic, social or environmental, of the activities undertaken by the organization.